Mr. Kirby's Website

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2017 7:08 pm  #1

Section 5a

To start off in this essay, the first question I'm gong to be learning about is "what is the Human Geography definition of race.  That question should be pretty easy to answer because we all know what race is and it's been known for a very long time even before I was born. I already know that racism is associated with race but I will get more into detail about it later on this essay. Then the other question is "how is that different than how race its generally used in society. Like I said about the first question, it can be involved with racism or what was being known is the early environment historically in the AP Human of Geography. I'm most definitely going to be more detailed about these two questions in this essay because the term "race is so well-known for many years to come. Also it's interesting to learn about in this section.

The term "race used in the AP Human of Geography is like signifying the differences with humans or as a social construction that varies across time and space. For example, a racial distinct groups arguing that race explains phenomena such as to common certain diseases. However, many scientists have noted the term race for time and space as a social construct rather than a fact. Another example for race can be mugshots for FBI most wanted.This can be a contrast between there difference in the bodies, facial features, skin color, hair texture. These are all the characteristics in the term "race." Not only that but these also include, scars, height, weight and tattoos for identity of suspects. Another one is the types of paintings other countries did as for their tradition. I heard that they were commonly in Mexico with the racial and ethnic combinations among other people from different countries and the uniqueness in creativity. Not only that part of race but this also provides a way for those in power to keep track of the confusing racial they've created. The term 'race" in Geography can be understood as arising genetically.

The lat question for this essay is "how race used generally in society. Well because race is a social construction, it takes different forms in different places and time. For example, the rise in interracial marriages in the United States was in 2000. One could declare multiple races man that more people identify themselves as racially mixed or biracial. Another example is that President Obama whose mixed race ancestry has led him to identify with both his black and white relatives. They struggled during the 2008 presidential campaign with the claims that he was at once too black or not black enough to be a presidential candidate. This is also associated with ethnicity and not only that but both of these term race and ethnicity arise from multiple sources. "the way others see you and the way society treats you particularly legally.

Board footera